Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oooh, I'm clever!

Last week in class we learnt about RSS Feeds, which was simpler than I expected. I was already following an Amigurumi blog (1) through this blog, but now I'm following it through my iGoogle homepage and the RSS Reader. I'm getting to be so high tech!

Ana Paula is one of the best Amigurumi designers out there. She is a South American living in New Jersey, and I have discovered that it seems a surprising number of 'Amigurumists' (my word for those who make Amigurumi) come from South America. There are a lot of blogs and web-pages from Japan, where it originated, and the USA, which is expected because the US is the crafty capital of the world, but I am really surprised at the number of Spanish speaking sites out there, most from Chile and Peru, but some from other South American countries. Most of these sites are also in English, but the bloggers first language is Spanish. I just thought that was an interesting bit of trivia.

The other thing we learnt in Thursday's class was how to make a power-point presentation, complete with imbeded video. My 14 year old son was actually (reluctantly) impressed with that. He can make power-point presentations, but doesn't know how to imbed a video. My computer geek husband, however, simply said: "Yeah? And...?" Some people are just impossible to impress, unless you are wearing sexy lingerie and nothing else!

(1) "Ana Paula's Amigurumi Patterns and Random Cuteness." Ana Paula's Amigurumi Patterns & Random Cuteness. 12 July 2009. 30 June 2009 http://amigurumipatterns.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

  1. I actually think it was harder to impress the 14 year old so that's fantastic.

    I hope you are feeling better soon. We have a guest speakert in class tomorrow who is one of the people working on LibraryThing so that will be really good.

    Keep up the good work Kaz - your enthusiasm and your blog are really great to read and learn from.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete